- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Worship in Pink
Worship in Pink (Pink Sunday)
Worship in Pink/Pink Sunday Services
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the registration form below to add your service to the list!
Our Bold Goal: To reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths in the U.S. by 50% by 2026.
Eliminating Health Disparities and Creating Health Equity for All
Breast cancer disparities for African-American women are startling. According to the most recent data available, breast cancer mortality is about 40 percent higher for African-American women in the U.S. than Caucasian women. And, African-American women are often diagnosed with late-stage breast cancer when treatment options are limited, costly and the prognosis is poor. Susan G. Komen believes this is unacceptable and is working to change these outcomes.
Worship in Pink
Worship in Pink is a grassroots effort in which churches in Knox County and surrounding area engage their congregation in breast cancer awareness activities each October. Komen East Tennessee can help design your event, provide customizable templates for announcements, and deliver educational materials.
Let us help you get the word out! Request assistance with the following items in the below registration form or by contacting Jessica Waddell at jwaddell@KomenEastTN.org or 865-588-0902.
- Custom flyer (view sample)
- Record a testimonial video from your program coordinator or a survivor in your church – we’ll film the video, edit it, and share it on social media
- Share your event information on our website and social media
- 2017 Worship in Pink Toolkit
- Breast Cancer Health Disparities
- View the Worship in Pink Video
- Download the Worship in Pink Video