- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Shoot for a Cure
What is Shoot for a Cure:
The funds raised by this event benefit Susan G. Komen East Tennessee’s Knoxville Community Grants program. This program provides free mammograms & patient assistance in 16 East TN counties. The event started five years ago to enable full funding for our grant slate at the end of our fiscal year. You may have heard of sporting clays referred to as golf with a shotgun, and that’s a fair comparison. Participants ride golf carts and keep scores with a scorecard. In a sporting clay shoot, each participant is shooting at a total of 50 – 100 targets and mark their scorecards with either a “hit” or “miss” mark. Participants shoot from 13 stations and prizes are awarded to the top teams and individuals.
Friday, March 27,2020
Flight 1 9:30 a.m.
Flight 2 1:30 p.m.
Single Shooter – $100
Cart – $50
4 Person Team w/cart – $450
Flight 1 (9:30 a.m.) Schedule:
- 8:30 – 9:15 Registration / check-in
- 9:00 a.m. Warm Up Stand Opens ($15)
- 9:15 Welcome / Safety Instruction
- 9:30 Flight 1 opens
- 12:00 Lunch Served
- 12:15 Flight 1 winners announce:
- Flight 1 Long Bird Winner
- Flight 1 First Place Team
- Flight 1 Champion (top individual score)
Flight 2 (1:30 p.m.) Schedule:
- 11:30 – 1:15 Registration / check-in / Warm-up Stand ($15)
- 12:00 Lunch Served
- 1:15 Welcome / Safety Instruction
- 1:30 Flight 2 opens
- 5:15 Flight 1 winners announced: Note: This could be earlier depending on how quickly teams finish shooting.
- Flight 2 Long Bird Winner
- Flight 2 First Place Team
- Flight 2 Champion (top individual score)
Event Extras: Have fun and help raise money for a worthy cause. Donations for these items can be made at registrations and mulligans and long-bird are also avilable at the stations!
- Warm Up Stand: $15
- Mulligans: 1 for $5 or 5 for $20
- Increase your chance to take home the team or champion trophy! Mulligan available at each station, just ask the station volunteer.
- Long Bird Stand: 5 Shots for $5 or 15 Shots for $10.
- On the course this year you’ll see an extra stand for the Long Bird competition. This is a distance clay shoot and the winner with the highest score at the end of the flight will receive a $100 Dick’s Sporting Good Gift Certificates.
- Door Prizes – Make a donation of $5 and you’ll receive 1 entry or make a donation of $20 and receive 5 entries.
|2019 Shoot for a Cure Team Scores|
|Morning Flight||Team Score|
|NAI Koella/RM Moore||294|
|Afternoon Flight||Team Score|
|Individual Winner Flight 1,2, and Overall|
Photos from the 2019 Event